Mazzoni Center negotiates discounted group rates with select hotels each year. All links are posted below for the 2013 Conference.
UPDATE 5/29/13: We were just able to get a new contract with Sonesta Hotel which is a little bit further from the convention center. There are rooms there on Thursday-Saturday nights for $159 per night. Please see information below. All conference rate rooms are sold out at the Mariott, the Hampton and the Hilton Garden.
1800 Market Street • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103
Tel: 1-215-561-7500 Fax: 1-215-561-2556
Price: $159 per night (June. 13-15th)
ENTER GROUP CODE 0612MAZZON
1201 Market Street • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Tel: 1-215-625-2900 Fax: 1-215-625-6000
Price: $150 per night (June. 12-16th)
SOLD OUT AS OF 4/23/13
Hilton Garden Inn
1100 Arch Street • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Tel: 1-215-923-0100 Fax: 1-215-925-0800
Price: $139 per night (June. 10-19th)
SOLD OUT AS OF 4-23-13
12th & Spruce St. • Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Tel: 215-923-3535 Fax: 215-923-1004
Price: $119-159 per night
Hampton Inn Center City
1301 Race Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA 19107
Tel: 1-215-665-9100 Fax: 1-215-665-9200
Price: $139 per night (June. 12-16th)
The Hampton Inn has consistently offered PTHC economical rates in Center City, a supportive housing environment, and their location is across the street from the conference venue (a short walk to the entrance we use at 12th and Arch Streets). Come experience their new renovated spaces!
1200 Market St.• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107
Tel: (215) 627-1200
Philadelphia is the 6th largest city in the nation. Many people have friends, family, or colleagues that they stay with while they are in town. Local public transportation makes it possible to commute into the conference from various neighborhoods and even suburbs.
PTHC Housing Shares board
To seek a space in a community members house or to offer a space for people to stay in your house in and around Philadelphia, please go to the PTHC Housing Shares board. This is also accessible by mobile phone
You can also post on the PTHC Facebook page that you are seeking a home-stay.
Besides your own network of friends or family, you may want to inquire with local institutions in your own faith tradition, as these are sometimes able to arrange housing.
Be creative! It's a great chance to reach out and find new community and connections...
For a less expensive housing option, you may want to consider local hostels.
- Apple Hostel (32 Bank Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106) - Prices start at $35 per night for a bed in a dorm. Dorms are segregated into male, female, and (heterosexual) couple spaces -- though they also offer private and semi-private rooms, with shared bathrooms. The management has worked with transgender guests before. This location is 1 mile from the conference venue and can be walked. Or the subway, bus, and PHLASH systems can provide transportation for $2 or less per ride. Taxis also run frequently along this route.
- Chamounix Mansion Hostel (3250 Chamounix Dr, Philadelphia, PA 19131) - This economical option ($23/night) is not convenient to the conference venue via public transportation. You may need to plan for taxi ride or parking near the conference venue as a part of your commute.
Other hotel accomodations
The Pennsylvania Convention Center has a full list of hotels, including website links and their distance.
Other Hotel Ideas
The PHLASH bus (though PHLASH only runs 10am to 6pm) and SEPTA ground transportation open up a convenient way to stay at hotels further away from the conference venue, without necessarily having to walk the distance on foot.
- Many hotels in Center City are located within a short walk of the conference venue -- or a short ride on public transportation.
- Hotels in Old City or near Penn's Landing (still considered Center City) may be a long walk (a mile or more) with public transportation options recommended
- West Philadelphia locations are further away, but still easily accessible by public transportation -- particularly by trolley, but also by bus or subway.
- Philadelphia Airport hotels are roughly 8 miles from the conference venue, but various taxi, shuttle, and train options serve the PHL to Center City route. Please review "By Plane" for details on transportation from the airport. If renting a car, you would need to consider parking expenses in Center City.
- If considering Suburban Philadelphia hotel options, you would need to consider parking expenses in Center City and/or access to SEPTA Regional Rail stations.
- If considering New Jersey hotel options, you would need to consider bridge tolls and parking expenses in Center City and/or access to PATCO stations.
Save money on your hotel booking
Do you have a friend that works in the hotel industry? See if they can get you a discounted room in the chain they work for