The vast majority of programming associated with the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference occurs at Pennsylvania Convention Center, which is located in the heart of downtown Philadelphia (called "Center City Philadelphia") within walking distance to more than 700 restaurants, numerous lodging options, as well as cultural and nightlife destinations.
Prominent neighborhood amenities and attractions include Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia's Chinatown, The Gallery at Market East (shopping mall), City Hall, and Love Park. Just south of the Convention Center is a district that some call the Philadelphia "Gayborhood," which is home to many bars, stores, and restaurants which cater to the LGBT community.
The conference venue is also within walking distance of Historic Old City and Independence Mall, as well as the Ben Franklin Parkway and its many attractions (including Logan Circle, the Philadelphia Art Museum, the Rodin Museum, the Franklin Institute, and the Academy of Natural Sciences). Most of these attractions are also easily accessed using the Philadelphia PHLASH bus, which can also provide access to the Philadelphia Zoo and Please Touch Museum.
Quick Reference Guide:
- Convenience Store: WaWa (1038 Arch St - 1 block)
- Office Supplies: Staples (1500 Chestnut St - 6 blocks)
- Copy/Shipping Center: FedEx/Kinko's (1201 Market St - 1 block)
- Department Store: KMart (900 block of Market St - 3 block)
- Dollar Store: Dollar Island (1035 Market St - 2 blocks), China Town Dollar (928 Arch St - 2 blocks), Market Dollar Store (926 Market St - 3 blocks), Dollar Tree (1520 Chestnut St - 5 blocks)
- Produce: Reading Terminal Market (at 12th and Arch on the south east corner)
- Major Drug Stores: CVS (1046 Market St - 2 blocks), Rite Aid (1000 Market St - 2 blocks), Walgreen's (245 N Broad St - 3 blocks or 901 Market St - 3 blocks)
- Major Grocery Stores: Whole Foods (2001 Pennsylvania Ave - 1 mile or via the 33 bus at Market St), Trader Joe's (2121 Market St - 1 mile or via the 10 or 11 bus at Market St; also by trolley or subway), SuperFresh (1001 South St - 1 mile or via the 23 bus down 12th St)
- Shopping Mall: Gallery at Market East (runs from 9th to 11th St between Market St and Filbert St -- with concourse access to Reading Terminal Market and the Market East SEPTA station)