More info coming soon about the Clothing Swap!
Binder Drive- Hosted by TransActive
"In a Bind" is a program of TransActive Education & Advocacy. We collect pre-owned and new chest binders and donate them to trans-masculine youth (age 21 and younger) in need.
Inspired by the heart-wrenching story of a teen harming himself in order to conceal his developing breasts, a mom in the Midwest helped coordinate with TransActive to establish the first national chest binder donation/distribution program.
The program launched in March 2012 and applications have been pouring in daily - which means
WE NEED BINDERS.
- Bring a new or pre-owned clean binder to the Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference and visit TransActive’s table.
There will be onsite binder collection bins!
- If you’re unable to attend the conference and would like to make a binder/monetary donation, visit the “In A Bind” website for more info: www.inabind.transactiveonline.org
- All monetary donations go to covering the cost of shipping binders to trans youth FREE OF CHARGE
- Donated binders can be mailed directly to TransActive
- Consider organizing a “In A Bind” Drive
For more information, contact the TransActive “In A Bind” team:
Kit Crosland - kit@ transactiveonline.org
Kate Levy - email@example.com